Saturday, March 14, 2009

Speedbump-bump-bump.

So some things in my life have been kind of not very good at all, but I feel like I shouldn't complain, because about an equal amount of things are going good. And of course, things could be much worse.

On Wednesday, my brand new (to me) bike got a flat tire. I actually think the flat may have happened on Monday, on my 17-mile ride to my parent's house. (I've stopped calling it my home when I realized I will probably only spend a month there total this calendar year.)

This happened mere days before my new iPod came in the mail, which of course is a good thing, but I was looking forward to combining the iPod with the bike, to try to get my 10-mile a night bike rides started again. Biking alone can be terribly dull when you follow the same route over and over, so I find music almost necessary for anything longer than three miles.

The big thing though, is my computer. I've had this desktop since about 2006. My friend Mike helped me build it from scratch, telling me which parts to order and then helping me physically assemble it. We overlooked a hard drive, so it has a whopping 75 GB of storage capacity that was just built into the motherboard, but I bought a $250 graphics card for it, so it plays a few of my favorite RTS's very well.

However, suddenly it's stopped working. I have no idea what I've done to it, but now it will only run for about 15 minutes before every application running freezes, except for iTunes, inexplicably.

I'm able to run it in safe mode to do work, but needless to say, it's time for a new computer. I've got my eye on a $300 netbook, but until I get it my computer use will be reduced significantly.

But, this brings up the issue of money. Because of this now necessary purchase of a computer, I will probably not be able to buy a ticket to Bloc Party at the end of this month. I don't really regret having to miss them, their latest album made it very clear that they are not my favorite band any longer, but I was really looking forward to going to the show with my two best friends. I'm thinking I can borrow (with the intention of paying back!) money from my mom, but we will see.

I will probably feel a lot better about everything after seeing the Pomegranates show tomorrow. They have the ability to do that, I think.

So long,
andy.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you can make it. I love Bloc Party, don't get me wrong, but one of my main reasons for going is because I've never had the chance to attend a good concert with you!

    ReplyDelete