Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's been awhile.

Hey all. Or no one. I want to start blogging more often, just because it's kind of fun. You don't need to read it, if you don't want.

What's happened in my life since March? Well, all summer, I've been working at Camp Lakewood in Potosi, Missouri. It's been pretty much the best experience of my life, bar none. I've made so many new friends from all over the world, and it's just put a lot of things in perspective for me. I'm not as quiet as I used to be, and I'm a hell of a lot more restless.

Recently, though, we had to shut down camp for the last two sessions, which is a bummer, because I was really looking forward to these next couple sessions. I feel like I had finally gotten the hang of being a really good counselor, and I was going to make sure these kids had the time of their lives. I have to go back on Wednesday to do Mini-Camp, then clean up, and then going home.

So, this is a general update. I'm going to post a story right after this.

1 comment: